But the children have not been well. On the way to the train station this morning DS2 threw up in the car so we turned the car around and 5 miles before we were home DS1 was doing the same! Obviously staying with my children is the only option for me, but I can't help feeling tearful that I'm not going to be there with Helen on her special day...

Here she is, with me, 4 years ago on my wedding day.
I'm wishing Helen and her husband a wonderful long and happy life together and wishing I could be there.
11 comments:
sorry to hear you couldn't make it to the wedding. I am sure your friend will understand. Kids need their moms when they are sick. Somehow dads just don't have that same soft feeling that kids like when sick.
I'm so sorry you have to miss such a special event! That happens sometimes when you're a mom, but fortunately those hugs from your kids help make up for it.
That's very sad but I am sure she understands. Maybe you could use the time to make her a little memento of your friendship to give her when she returns from her honeymoon.
Thar's very sad but I think also that she understands.
Kind regards,
Sonnja & Beertje Zonn
from the Netherlands
I'm soo sorry Karol-Ann :( I'm very sure Helen understands completely and the kids need you this weekend. Hopefully you don't get sick. Hugs.
I’m so sorry you missed such a wonderful event. Helen will understand though.
I hope your little ones will feel better soon and you will stay healthy!
What a shame - kids certainly pick their moments don't they ? Big hugs to them and hope they feel better soon. xx
What a shame - kids certainly pick their moments don't they ? Big hugs to them and hope they feel better soon. xx
That's kids for you isn't it?...so disappointing when plans get canceled. You'll have to plan to meet up and celebrate her wedding one on one. Hope the kids are better soon and that you don't catch the lurgy yourself. TTFN
You will have to go some other time to visit her, sorry that you couldn´t go now.
forgot to ask how the wedding went - so sorry to hear you weren't able to make it in the end. :(
Post a Comment