I have completed step 4 of the
Orange Crush Mystery quilt.

There are 30 of these star blocks.
And I've chosen my fabrics for the May
BQL Bag Challenge.

My friend
Birgit gave me this floral fabric some time ago and I just love it, but I didn't know what to do with it. Until now! I've decided to line the bag with the brown African print (as I bought a brown zip for 20p at a local charity shop). I know it's not a perfect match, but it's inside and will not be seen much I hope :-)
I think I need to rest now... I have been sewing like a maniac. But I'll leave you with a few more pictures of life around here.
DS1 on a bouncy castle at a local event yesterday...

The weather was glorious (a few rain drops from a passing thunderstorm, but otherwise gorgeous!)
DH and kids on the ride-on-mower...

Mid-morning traffic jam...
4 comments:
WOW, I feel I'm soo slacking with my OC Part 4...you are done and Kristie (Cowgirl) is almost done....I hope to finish my blocks today!
I love you fabric in it...I was humored to see you used blue/green as well, but I reversed them from what I'm doing! :) So, now I'll definitely think of you when I use this quilt in the future!
Looks like a great day!
Love the sheep - and the fabric for your May bag - what a great use for it and I don't think the lining will look at all out of place - there is a similar brown in the floral one
I love the fabrics you chose for your Orange Crush! The stars spin in true cosmic beauty. The fabric for you BQL bag challenge is also beautiful. The mid morning traffic jam is absolutely lovely.
What a traffic jam you have out there!
Post a Comment