Ok, so he's 19 months old, life got in the way LOL
Actually now he'll probably get more use out of it as one doesn't have to worry about baby's regulating their body temperature etc.
Here's the back...
I didn't have enough teal fabric for the binding so I've decided to go scrappy yet again as I am not buying any more fabric!
All I have to do now (after I've put the binding on!) is to decide what to handquilt next:
The +/-20 year old 'monster' I started when I was at school with my Mother's help..
or My BQL Ostrich from 2006? Basted by Chris and ready to go...
The monster is King-size and I've already started a bit of the quilting and the Ostrich is much smaller and only 2 years in the making. Both are UFO's in need of finishing. What to do, oh what to do...
ps we have a new gate..
perfect for dispaying quilts...
10 comments:
Lovely lovely baby (well toddler) quilt - gorgeous star quilt (like those spirals you've already done) and I've always loved this ostrich - could never get over the way you made the blocks and then cut them in half. And nice gate!
Oh and the gate picture (particularly with the hills in the distance) has set off a seriously strong pining for the fjords moment - Yorkshire's such a long long way from Somerset!
It's lovely...and hey, better later than never is what I say!
I'm looking forward to seeing many quilts hanging on your new gate. I love the BQL Ostrich UFO and would finish that one first.
I LOVE the heart quilt. Please don't let Toby drag it in the mud - lol. It is a work of art. Fantastic hand-quilting. What next ? If in doubt start a new quilt - lol ! Or is that just me ?
What a beautiful little quilt!
Decisions, decisions! I always say do the hardest thing first (but I don't always do what I say, LOL) You could always work on one until you get bored/tired and then move over to the other one! Lovely gate too.
I would finish the monster, it is now or never! You quilting on the DS2 quilt is beautiful.
Ah, the what to do questions -- two mantras:
1. If you do a little of everything all the time, eventually it will all get done
2. Start anywhere, and keep going
Congrats on finishing the baby quilt! I'm still plugging away on my hand quilting. I have to say that the back of my quilt looks no where neat as yours does.
Love your new gate!
Post a Comment