So I decided to be smart,
but actually I was super-silly!
I decided to take a perfectly good
(if not excellent) Bonnie Hunter pattern
and super-size it....
To be fair to me, super-sizing meant that I could make
with the 3.5 inch strips that I already had cut out
(for something else.)
And I would only need 12 blocks to make a large bed-size quilt....
However, the blocks are enormous!!
If you quilt, you probably have one of those nice long rulers...
those rulers measure 24 inches!!!
I needed basting strips 3.5 inches wide
by 24.5 inches long!!!
Super-silly!!!
Anyhow, I made do and am quite happy with the final result.
Now an outer border and to quilt it....
Miss-Kalico didn't like me climbing over the fence
to take my photos
and almost made it over to see me....
... but only almost!
9 comments:
Very cute Miss Kalico!
Wow, those blocks ARE big! I have a 24 1/2" square ruler. Too bad I couldn't have just run it over to you to use! : )
Oh, that little miss will be joining you over the fence before you know it!
Looks like she is having to work hard to learn to keep up with her brothers! I love the quilt and need to make more quilts qith large blocks.
It looks fabulous!
I see the cat was keeping an eye on her as she climbed! Yikes! I like the oversize blocks...looks very modern!
Cute miss Kalico !! Your blocks look great, though I tend to consider the 30 cm ones as monsters already... Maybe I should try to work on a bigger scale - I might finish faster ! Loooove the sheep and the stone walls too...
What a lovely quilt - very good idea to work a bit bigger when you need a faster finish!
Laughed a lot at the photo of Miss K - hasn't she grown up! I have to agree with the others, she is very cute!
Finished is always good - and this looks great!
Finished is always good - and this looks great!
Post a Comment