Sunday, 4 August 2013

Two Finishes & The Village Show

Maybe the heading should read:
2 Finishes in time for the Village Show!

I quilted and bound my House Wall hanging!

I started
and finished a doll for Miss Kalico
from a pattern kindly given to me 
by Patti (Thank you Patti!)


I entered 6 items in the show
2 bags, 2 soft toys
and 2 in the needlework section
You can see 4 of my entries in the picture below:
And here is my house wall hanging at the show:

Here are my son's 'Rock cakes'

And here are our dust collectors trophies:
My eldest son won a trophy 
for the most points in the children's section
and I won a trophy 
for the most points in the Handicraft section.

But the best prize?
Being able to buy some of the 'exotic' 
and wild flowers displayed at the show!:

Now that the show is over,
I need to get back to quilting
and get something on the longarm
so I have been putting borders on my
Purple Oceans quilt.
Now to piece the backing!!

6 comments:

Fran said...

How fabulous, so wish I lived in a village! Enjoy your trophies - great rock cakes :-)

Kate North said...

Love the rock cakes. Your stuff not bad, either!

Janet O. said...

Good for you, entering and winning!
Our local fair is this week and I always help take entries, but I can't decide if I am going to enter anything this year or not.
Nice trophies. : )

Lynda said...

Congratulations all! (At least your trophies are small. I remember when DS entered a floral display in an adult section and, as his was the only entry, won a huge cup! Luckily it went back after a year!)

Patti said...

I love your little quilt - it is a Jan patek design, right? If not, then it is certainly inspired by her. I have one of her books with a quilt on the front that looks very much like this one.

Your doll turned out beautifully! I'm so glad you were able to use the pattern. And good for you, entering things in the fair. People always tell me I should, but I just never seem to think of it in time. Our fair is going on right now. I didn't even sign up to spin in the sheep barn or knit at the knitting guild table. Too busy quilting!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the wins.. I especially like the rock cakes.. Can I have the recipe lol ;-)