Saturday, 24 August 2013

Getting 'On' With Things...

'On' the Longarm...
My Purple&Green Ocean blocks
being quilted with feathers...

Finally... a quilt and some of my threads...
 'on' the wall

I bought this quilt as an unfinished top
a few years back when I visited Birgit in Germany:
I brought it home and finished it
with hand quilting
and it's finally been hung up.

Birgit, can you remember who made it???

An old 'printer's tray'
works well for those odd threads...


I see a design wall here, 
but I just need to convince DH!

And finally...
'on' the ironing board.
A new cover and a bigger board 
for ironing quilts and backings

Now to get 'on' with some housework!

8 comments:

Janet O. said...

I love visiting your studio. Such a nice space.
Green and purple quilts always call to me! So pretty!
Nice little quilt on your wall--I'm curious why you call it a cheater binding? Is it because you stitched it down by machine? Were you just tired of all the hand stitching after it was quilted? : )
Hope DH agrees on the design wall for you--I can't believe what a difference it makes!

Fran said...

Looking good there!

Unknown said...

Your studio is looking mighty fine and dandy - we will be up in Yorkshire staying in a cottage near Bolton Abbey over the October/November half term week - we should call in if you're about and I can see it in person x

Carole~Quilter on the hill said...

Thanks for showing us your studio, love the idea for thread storage :)

Vicki W said...

Lots of good stuff going on there!

Plum Cox said...

What a busy bee you are! All looking very lovely! The threads on the old print tray is a lovely idea - wish that I had more wall space to so that same, but my walls are pretty full with book shelves and cupboards!

Shelia said...

Beautiful! What is the name of the panto you are using? Love your studio.

Willow Lake Stitches said...

Thanks for sharing....you are a busy girl! Looking forward to reading more of your blog. What is the name and where did you get that feather pattern that you quilted on the ocean wave quilt ? Thank you..... Beth