Twice now I've tried to make
a Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte
(Black Forest Cake),
twice I have failed on presentation,
(although taste seems ok...)
This was my second attempt.
I had watched a few videos on You-tube
and some were more entertaining than others :)
There was one 'For Children' (i.e. no alcohol),
One which was a German comedy sketch where the interviewer got drunk,
and one by an American lady
who showed how to make the batter as in my recipe.
So I tried again and this time it came out of the oven beautifully...
as it cooled, however, it went rather flat.
So yet again, my cake is only 2 layers high...
Never mind, if it tastes as good as my first attempt (below)
I am sure I will be forgiven! :)
3 comments:
I love this cake--no alcohol version here, too. : ) I've never made it myself, but my best friend used to make it for my birthday. Yummm!
Looks good, and I'm sure it will be yummy! Brings back memories of the '70s for me, when BFG was the default 'posh' dessert!
The BFC I am familiar with uses devil's food cake mix (one layer), vanilla frosting and canned cherry pie filling on the top. The cake is baked in a special, one layer, recessed pan. It has been awhile since I've made one...not enough people around to eat it!!
Post a Comment