Monday, 12 August 2013

School Holiday Sewing Slump

The title of this post doesn't sound great,
but school holidays generally, with 3 children,
mean that I get very little sewing (and housework) done.
And it's true!
the days are filled with kid stuff
and the occasional treat
which tends to be seriously hard work,
but hopefully full of memories...
like a tour of the Manchester United Stadium...

On the 'slumpy' sewing front...
I have managed to get borders 
on my purple Oceans quilt
and I have pieced a backing for this quilt too.
A purple one!

I have put together 3 new kids/baby quilts
as I am all out of baby quilts at the moment
Hopefully, there won't be another baby boom 
among friends too soon :)

While keeping my Mother company in the evenings
I have cut loads more Applesauce blocks
and there are now about 80-90 of them
in various stages...

Here are a few of the latest finished ones....
I've started keeping them in groups of ten 
and putting them away when done
so as not to lose them...

And I am hand appliqueing some felt on a bag
for Miss Kalico...

More to show on this when it's done...

Looking at all this, it may not look particularly 'slumpy',
but it certainly feels like it to me!

8 comments:

Janet O. said...

No, it definitely doesn't look slumpy! Gracious, you have accomplished a lot! : )
Are the kids big soccer fans? I am finally going to a soccer game for our local professional team at the end of the month. Can't wait!

Elsie Montgomery said...

Good for you - putting the children first is important!

loulee said...

Not slumpy at all, very productive in fact! When was it you found time to go to Old Trafford?

dutchcomfort said...

It doesn’t look slumpy at all! It’s amazing that you get anything quilty done with three kids in the house!

Lynda said...

I know the feeling that you want to spend some time sewing, but life is in the way! Even if you do a bit, it's not as much as you'd like! Still, you've done quite a bit, and the baby quilts are gorgeous!

Plum Cox said...

It looks like you've been working like a maniac when not bound up with looking after your children! Lots of lovely looking work there!

ruthsplace said...

If that's your slump, then your normal productivity must be very impressive!

Vicki W said...

It doesn't look slumpy to me at all!