I have several projects on the slow boil
and a quilt on the Longarm waiting for attention,
but I find myself so easily distracted
by small and relatively quick projects
using blocks and orphans in my stash.
I noticed Bonnie Hunter had a wonderful free pattern
for Dancing Nine-patches.
In my 2 inch strip box, I had some orphan braid strips
given to me by a lovely fellow quilter.
(Thanks Chris!)
So....
I chopped the strips up into 8" blocks
(that meant I could just get 16 blocks!
Well, 16 with a one joined.)
And set them using Bonnie's dancing block method:
Now for borders, when I'm not distracted again...
I did however, put borders on this one....
I think border inspiration came
from the Criss Cross Applesauce pattern
(again Bonnie).
I really must try and crack on with some old UFOs now
and stop making new ones!!
4 comments:
But the new ones are so much more fun! If the old ones were fun they would have been finished long ago, don't you think? At least that is my thought on the matter. : )
How clever of you to put those orphan blocks into the Dancing 9=patch setting! Looks great!
love your dancing setting! Great use of blocks!
I have exactly the same problems with distraction! Still, so long as we're having fun!
Love that dancing 9's setting it is definitely going on my to do list
Post a Comment