Firstly, I am lucky to have been able to go off on a 'jolly'
as my husband calls it, to go and stay with great friends
and meet wonderful quilters/bloggers in London at the V&A,
(and to sit in the open air quaffing coffee and chatting about blogs and quilt stuff
- as well as posing in front of beautiful bottoms!!)
- as well as posing in front of beautiful bottoms!!)
Now, however, I am firmly back in Yorkshire and reality
and have the furniture polish and rain to prove it!
Secondly, I am very lucky to have been given some wonderful gifts
from those bloggy/quilty friends...
(not to mention all the 'Mummy' treats found on the guest bed
from my wonderful hosts! Thanks E & P!)
**********
Kate, very kindly made 'baby-kalico' a little quilt.
I love it! The colours are not baby like at all,
and it's just such a fun quilt. The design, border fabric,
backing fabric etc are just super-cool.
(Look at those fingers ;oD )
(And the evil eyes LOL)
(DH loves sushi so the backing fabric is an excellent choice!)
Thanks Kate!
Vicki, also very kindly brought me some of her gorgeous handmade soaps (Ok, I asked directly for those!, but how could I not, they are wonderful!) and some of her amazing dyed fabrics.
Vicki has an Etsy shop with many more delectables for sale.
But these ones are MINE!! Thanks Vicki!
Hope to see you girls again soon!!!
Hope to see you girls again soon!!!

3 comments:
Wow! Lucky you and the Quiltis lovey!
Bear hugs from, Beertje Zonn
Fun to be pampered by good friends! Love the baby quilt!! That will catch baby's eye! And the hand dyed fabrics and soap (I'm a soapmaker, too).
Kate's done a fabulous job on that quilt and it is very "you" :o) I'm sure you will get lots of use from it!
Post a Comment