All the cream borders have now been handsewn on to my rose hexagon quilt
so it's at top stage, awaiting a pieced backing and then quilting...
I have started taking the papers out, this is quite time-consuming,
but strangely fun. If I can get the back pieced soon,
I can get this quilt off to the Longarmers and hopefully on our bed
in the not too distant future.
I can't see my husband liking the rose quilt too much,
but I can always just put it on my side of the bed ;o)
Now, it might be time to think about my Carolina Lily
that needs borders..........
13 comments:
Absolutely delicious!!! (and what do men know anyway?)
Absolutely lovely. I'm working on my hexagons too, nearly four years now ;-) The end feels like it's in sight.
It's fabulous - getting ever closer to being a fully fledged quilt - lol ! I'm sure Mark will love sharing it with you really. I enjoy taking the papers out too - a great, messy job xxx
Love it! Post a close-up when it is back from the longarmers.
Very good job you have done with this quilt. A rose on the bed every night, must be any spouse`s dream;-)
Love it Karol-Ann!!
Do men ever see what quilt is on the bed? They are colourblind and sleep in a blink...!
It's gorgeous. Surely a man could take "some" comfort in this quilt. I love it!
Wow, I'm very impressed and think your husband will love each and every tiny stitch. How long did that take you - I need one as a matter of urgency, it's absolutely stunning.
This is a beautiful, unique hexagon quilt. Once your husband climbs under it and closes his eyes, what does it matter if there is a rose on it or not? : )
When it comes to quilts most men have no idea what they like. My DH insisted for year he didn't want any flowers on his quilts and for years I didn't include bit of floral fabric. At a recent show he pointed to a quilt saying "this is my favorite - why don't you ever make one like this for me." Do I even need to say it - there were flowers all over the darn thing!
Delicious!
What do men know about quilts anyway? DH just says "yes dear" to anything quilt related, apart from the occasional colour selection.
Congratulations, nearly finished!!! It is beautiful.
hello from Florida just looking at all the work you have done spread out among the grass, wow Good Luck too you and your family Hope all goes well Renee love your site thanx from America
Post a Comment