Monday, 5 September 2011

Back to School (is rainy!)

Today marks the start of 'big' school for my littlest boy.
He starts reception... and his older brother goes into Year 2.
I didn't cry, they just looked so content to be going back to school that I was just really happy for them..

I did think last night when I saw my little boy sleeping
that he was too little to be in school all day
and that I will really miss having him at home in the afternoons!
He's good fun, great company and gives the best cuddles!

But they were all set and ready for the bus.
I managed to finish their PE bags last night (in the nick of time -
never mind that I had 6 weeks to make them!)
Of course, it rained like mad this morning
when I wanted to get some 'First Day of School' photos!
And we all got soaked waitng for the bus
 which was delayed behind some cows
(the traffic around here is terrible LOL)
Somehow having the children around for 6 weeks meant I got very little done,
so although I shall miss them I shall now be able to clean, nest and sew
 without any interruptons (well, here's hoping!)

9 comments:

dutchcomfort said...

Such adorable pictures of your two young rascals! Another milestone in the life of your youngest son. Enjoy the extra time cleaning, nesting and sewing!

Angie Burrett said...

Another day, another memory - each one so precious. You will probably enjoy some time to yourself! Thanks for the lovely comments on my blog - MUCH appreciated! x

Filled with quilty goodness said...

Those school photographs will be so important later in their lives. I was just browsing old photos on the weekend, and it was wonderful to see how well my family has grown.
Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.

Beertje Zonn said...

What a lovely photos from de the 2 boys!

Bear hugs, Beertje Zonn

Janet O. said...

Sweet times! My two youngest are boys. They were here for Sunday dinner yesterday--they are now 23 and 26. Your photos brought back many memories of those "first day" photos each school year. (And how innocent they look while sleeping.) Precious.

YankeeQuilter said...

How quickly they grow...somehow I think you find time to fill those hours he is at school!

Clare said...

How does the weather know? It's turned autumnal overnight and yesterday was La Rentrée too.

Relish your spare time - you'll soon have your hands full ;-)

Kim said...

Love the first days back to school, although it is real hard to give up those fun summer school-break days. Just figures the rain would come around to create a soggy morning, but traffic jams due to cows? That has got to be better than a four lane traffic jam on the interstate! Do you have to wait for the animals to move off the road or are you allowed to chase them out of the way?

Chookyblue...... said...

enjoy your few months of freedom........he will be fine at school.........your traffic sounds like mine.........cows..........lol......