Sunday, 9 August 2009

Cats, Dogs, Butterflies & Beasts

Again so much has happened since my last post. I have finished piecing the back and front of DS1's birthday quilt and really hope the longarmer can fit me in, in time to get it quilted and bound by the birthday!!


The front:







The back:


(ignore the dust specks on the camera please..)


Turns out (with my usual lack of quilt calculations) I don't have enough fabric for DS2's quilt in the same theme, soooooooooooooooo it's back to the drawing board although I have several things churning around in my mind for him. He loves Mickey Mouse, but without much Mickey Mouse fabric I will be speedily researching my other options like already pieced tops or just something small like a bag for this birthday and a quilt for his 5th birthday in 2 years time! (That's about my speed LOL)



Work progresses on the house and the Raeburn cooker has been moved. Not to it's final resting place (these things take time when they weigh 300kgs), but we're closer than we were before.

Now I don't have a proper before picture, but here it is unmoved...



And here it is moved (to the back steps)...




And here it is in the new kitchen...


JUST KIDDING! It's still on the back steps while we wait for a friendly farmer with a tractor :-)


Another friendly farmer lent DH his quadbike and he moved some of the rubble (and rubbish) from the front of our house. The boys loved it....






And as I watched them go down the farm track I noticed lots and lots of beautiful butterflies on our neighbour's bush...




8 comments:

Kim said...

All looks good to me. :o)

YankeeQuilter said...

What a fun quilt and the butterfly is beautiful! Each day the kitchen inches closer....

Patricia said...

Hi KA,
the butterflies are a Red Admiral and the second is a Peacock and the bush is a buddleia or butterfly bush.
Patricia

Unknown said...

The quilt is beautiful and the back also! We don´t have butterflies like this in Iceland, just grey/brown ones, much smaller.

Elsie Montgomery said...

Great pictures... help us see what you are doing besides working on that colorful quilt! Isn't creation (butterflies in this case) a great way to pick colors. I love the combinations!

Ruth's Place said...

The quilt is fabulous!

Nice to see the renno pics too :)

Anonymous said...

Great butterfly pictures. It seems this year there are more about...We gets lots of white ones in the garden.

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Your son is going to LOVE his quilt!! The snowball blocks ont he back look really effective. Your kitchen progress looks exciting.