Monday, 23 June 2008

Please Sir, can I sew sometime soon?

Nothing doing I'm afraid... There was a clearout yesterday that got my eye all twitchy LOL. Joking aside, I was afraid to leave the house for fear that all our household goods would be thrown out :-( But actually it does look better for it and we just need to keep going.

So, no sewing to show except a great parcel I received from Sharon last week....



We had a little swap of African fabrics for rose fabrics. I have been collecting rose fabrics for my Hexagon quilt and enjoy swapping to collect them. I love these fabrics especially the yellow roses and don't know whether I can bear to chop the roses out of the great star background! I have a feeling this piece may become a bag! - thanks Sharon.


While carting another load up to the 'new' sewing space and wondering where the 'goodness-gracious-me' I'm going to put it, I spotted the family outside of my window...





More washing for me then...LOL

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Do you have anything better to do than wash their clothes? :) I love the blue roses!

Unknown said...

The little toads - I'd forgotten just how muddy/mucky/soggy/grotty/dirty/filthy/etc etc etc little boys can get! Believe me though little girls can be just as bad. Remember that old saying: What are little boys made of 'Slugs and snails and puppy dogs' tails' Your washing maching must hold up its hands in horror each day. No wonder you can't get time for sewing! They do look cute though :o))))

loulee said...

Boys and mud go together like peas and carrots. At least they are happy and they did start the day clean.

Anonymous said...

Look at their faces...aww aren't they having fun...I know it's not fun for you...and it does mean less sewing time, but they look happy.

Melody said...

How cute.

It looks like your boys have learned the fine art of playing in the mud and look they are having a good time at it.

I am in complete envy of your green hills. Can you ship some of that over to me here in "golden" California? :)

Thanks for sharing.

Beertje Zonn said...

Lovely photos from your children!
Kind regards,

Sonnja & Beertje Zonn
from the Netherlands

dutchcomfort said...

That‘s what living with three men looks like... I guess. Love those dirty rascals of yours. They enjoy life, great to see that. Keep on decluttering, Karol-Ann, there’s light at the end of the tunnel!
Lovely rose-fabrics!

Alison said...

Karol Ann, Looks like the boys had fun in the dirt!!!

I sent my mailing address via email. Thanks again for making KidsQuilt squares!