Monday, 30 June 2008

Home and away at Levens Quiltshow

On Friday I came home from various playgroups to clouds of dust all over the house. DH says it's not dust it's fumes from his Stihl saw.
I beg to differ...

It's dust LOL!

Saturday I had a wonderful bit of 'me' time. This is more an exception, than the rule, but a quilty friend and I managed a few hours at the Levens Quiltshow held at the Heaves Hotel. This is fairly local for me so I have no excuse but to go :-)

The quilts are displayed in the function room




and throughout several of the bedrooms


It's not a big show but there were 2 traders, a sales table, demonstators, a Quilter's Guild representaion and of course refreshments in the hotel.


Here my friend Vicky is demonstrating Robins.


It was a great day out. We did hit the sales table, BUT my purchases were so nominal that they're not worth showing :-)
(That's my story and I'm sticking to it LOL)

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Fumes from his Stihl saw, yeh right, they always have an explanation. Are these quilts from UK? The white and blue is beautiful.

Kristie said...

Oh, that sounds like my Hubby!!! The quilts are beautiful. Looking at someone elses work always inspires me.
Kristie

Unknown said...

So glad you managed to get away for the show - it would've been a shame to miss it if it's that close - love that medallion quilt behind the blue and white hawaiian one with P P on it - just my kind of quilt - will we bring our dusters next week :o)))))))) I have three slaves who could be gainfully employed (well four with Nige I guess!)

Juliann in WA said...

How good that you were able to get out to the show! I just posted a photo of my SA fabric quilt. I have been thinking of you quite often as I stitched. Thanks again.

Andrea said...

Nominal purchases ?? I SO do not believe you - lol !

keslyn said...

Looks like you had a good time at the show - lots of great quilts - we all deserve a little "ME" time, I am sure you did.

Wendy said...

If there's a quilt show near by, then we must stop in to see all the gorgeous quilts. Thanks for sharing the lovely pictures.

Lynda said...

Always good to support fellow quilters - especially if they're local. Looks like you had a fine day, as well!

Toni said...

silly man!! that smoke sure is heavy and thick!! My hubby did the same thing with a sander one time...ugh!

What a nice little show. I enjoy seeing pictures of shows, makes me feel like I was there!

Tonje said...

Looks like you had a great time at the quilt show. I enjoyed looking at your blog.