Sunday, 8 June 2008

Secrets and Braais

In South Africa we don't barbeque - we 'braai'...



So come on over!

But don't forget to wash your hands!



As Ruth would say " there has been sewing". But it's a secret, so this is all I can show for now...


It was delivered today to Chris who is going to Longarm quilt it as soon as she can.


And I've laid my "Berry Crush" (a.k.a Bonnie's Orange Crush mystery quilt) out on the floor, but I've not had a chance to stitch it together yet...



I had better do that soon before certain small people walk all over it!

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Your Orange Crush quilt is gorgeous! Yours is the first I've seen all together like that. Wow, it looks so good!

Toni said...

Ooooooooooooo YUM!! I'm coming over!

I love the Berry Crush!! The name fits perfectly!!

Anonymous said...

The Orange (Berry) Crush is sensational! Well done. I guess you must be very pleased with it.

I'm a bit late for The Braai, been to Melbourne for the weekend to The South Africa Shop, so have a supply of Zoo biscuits for my grand-daughter, Romany Creams and Peri-Peri for DH!
Cheers,
Jenny

Kristie said...

mmmmmmm...everything looks so yummy!

I love the fabrics that you used in your Berry Crush. It looks beautiful!
Kristie

Brenda said...

I am visiting your site thanks to the Threadbender who tagged me today. I love your pictures they are so bright and clear. The messy hands show what a grand time the day has been; mine almost looked like that from pulling weeds today. After seeing your "Orange Crush" quilt, I have got to get started. Yours is absolutely marvelous. The colors just blend with one another ... spectacular. I will be adding your blog to my favorites and stop by again. Have a great day. Brenda

Unknown said...

Love the picture of the founder member of the 'Black Hand Gang' - a little bit of honest muck never hurt anyone! It's been barby weather down here this weekend although Nigel has been far too busy digging for Australia on the front drive to set the coals alight (wouldn't you guess he's found out he can get a reduction on the quote if we clear the ground down by a good 6" or so - that's a lot of digging even though it's only a small drive!)

loulee said...

Berry Crush looks great.

Andrea said...

Oh yes - I love it. I know you had your doubts but you must be pleased with this now. Are you ??

Anonymous said...

Love your Berry Crush quilt, very pretty and colorful. The name fits it perfect. The food on the grill looks great. I'll be right over!

Ann J said...

Can't see the 'wors' on the braai!!
Great job on the Berry Crush quilt!
Still in Wales will talk more next week ..Luv AJ

Beertje Zonn said...

Wow! Your Orange Crush quilt is
beautiful!
Kind regards,

Sonnja & Beertje Zonn
From the Netherlands

mereth said...

I really like the colours you chose for the mystery quilt, I'm not really into orange much either.
It's not barbqueing weather anymore here in Australia, too blooming cold but it's a cultural institution , no matter what it's called. And tradition dictates that the men have to do the cooking,while the women can do all the preparation of meat and veggies, salads, desserts and clearing up afterwards.
Love the pictures of your boys, brings back lovely memories of my three.

Pascale said...

Your Orange Berry Crush quilt looks beautiful already, it will be nice to see the next stage. And i love your old quilt with the hearts.

Anonymous said...

The Berry Crush looks great. I think I like it better than the original - shhh don't tell.

I have to say, the braai is one SA tradition we've wholeheartedly embraced *vbg*

Lol, I didn't realise that I had a catch phrase until you pointed it out...

Here, There, Elsewhere... and more said...

Hi, I love quilts, particularly lovingly "homemade" ones - great choice of colours :)

Suzie Sews At DOTTY RED said...

Tym I am on my way over...I love...LOVE your header picture.

jovaliquilts said...

Your Berry Crush is looking 'berry' nice! (Sorry -- couldn't resist!) Hope you get it all stitched up before little feet find it. :)

Unknown said...

Yes don´t forget to wash your hands :) What does braai stand for? Your Cherry crush is beautiful.

Jeanne said...

I love your berry crush quilt! The red in the album blocks is a great choice with the other colors you chose. Thanks for sharing.

K.C. said...

YOu are so talented. Your work is to be envied. YOu can really tell that you sew as much as you can... KC

Lindi said...

I wandered here from Jorja's Nana.
I like your quilts, particularly your Berry crush and the one in your header. I also love the gate and scenery behind them! What gorgeous country.

julieQ said...

Wow, your OC mystery quilt is absolutely gorgeous! wonderful job...

Kucki68 said...

It looks great, hope you could save it from the little pirates!

Cathie said...

What a lovely job you did on this. Love the colors, love the pattern- bravo!!