It was such a wonderful surprise this morning after being up all night with DS1 who was in agony with earache. (Thank goodness for doctors who are available for advice at 4.30 am!) - In the photo DS2 is looking to see what all the fuss is about.
I am delighted with such an honour! Carol said she loved the colors and that it was a great block. Well the great block is her design and the colours are those wonderful Amafu fabrics again so the only thing this workwoman can blame for not winning is that she is on daily digest and got the challenge message when the digest came out LOL.
DH was great when I was sewing with those FQ's dangling just within reach. I had said "just imagine I'm in London like I'm supposed to be" and he did although he did say "you don't need anymore fabric". No-one 'needs' more fabric, they just really want it LOL.
16 comments:
Congratulations on your block. The Amafu fabrics are fantastic. I love your colour choice (again)
Hope the children are better soon, sorry you couldn't make your friend's wedding but I'm sure she understands.
Congratulations! How exciting -- and the timing was perfect, too. Sounds like you needed a lift.
Congratulations on being a cover girl! How exciting! I hope your kids are feeling better very soon. Sorry you missed your friend's wedding, but you have your priorities right. *s*
Kids seem to have the worst timing don't they? Sorry they're sick and sorry you missed your friend's wedding.
This block looks great - that is a disadvantage of being on digest but I can't handle the volume of email that comes from most groups...one email at a time!
Congrats...that is SOOOOO cool!!!
I hope everyone is feeling a wee bit better today!
That is one gorgeous block - shame you weren't quite quick enough - that gorgeous little one of yours has started to look very grown up all of a sudden - he's slimmed down in the face and looks like a little boy now rather than a toddler. Hope the bigger one's earrache gets better soon - amazing how quickly the temperature can hit the ceiling with ear infections, scary stuff but so easily brought back under control once you know what it is
I found your blog through Carol's yahoo group. Congratulations on being the poster girl! It really is a spectacular block!
Poor DS, first he is throwing up and then earache. So you are a cover girl now like the models *LOL* Congratulations you deserve it.
Congratulations. Well done you, how thrilling!
I hope DS is feeling better earache is awful.
Bravo for being a cover girl,and I love your block. You seem to be doing so much sewing with your 2 around, that's amazing.
Hey I found my way to your actual blog and not bloglines!! That is a beautiful block you did and well done on being the poster girl!! You deserved it!
It's a beautiful block, you deserve to be a cover girl!
Sorry you missed your friends wedding, I hope the boys are back to full strength soon.
How exciting to know a celebrity!
Thanks, Thanks, Thanks for the lovely fabrics for Beertje Zonn and the lovely card en of cource the little bear.
Those I on my coat.. lol
I make a Photo for you.
I hope that you it understand.
Kind regards
Sonnja & Beertje Zonn
Love your blog..caught you on CD' site.. your block is beautiful & you deserve to be a cover girl.. looking forward to your new adventure with the birthday quilt CD posted.
What a shame you didn't win the fabric! Maybe you didn't technically 'need' it, but it's not going to out of date or mouldy, is it!
Post a Comment