Monday, 16 June 2008

Juggling lots of balls (and bags)

No, I didn't run away with the gypsies LOL, but I have been doing a little bit of this and that and therefore not much of anything! In fact Mary asked the other day how many projects we have on the go at one time... Well this week (and last) I have...

Made my June BQL Bag Challenge...



What a learning experience - I broke in my darning foot and did a bit of machine quilting. What fun! I am so pleased to be doing the challenge as I am learning so much! I used the Dick & Jane fabric from Michael Miller that I bought a while back from Toni. I thought it was quite suitable for a 'teacher's' bag. i.e. I plan to give DS1's teacher's a gift at the end of the year so I thought I'd do them with this month's pattern. He has 2 teachers, so I also started a second bag...



Then I laid out DS1's dog quilt which I part cut about 2 year's ago!!!



It made handy leaders and enders for the bags as it needed dark thread. Lots to do still including more cutting...

When I sew with light thread, I use my Butterfly bonus blocks from the Butterfly Pineapple Blossom that I made for my DB & DSIL...



These are sewn together in '4's' and I've haven't really decided on the final layout yet.


When I don't feel like sitting at my machine I handquilt and am currently working on (my) BQL Ostrich challenge...
The front...



The back...



All the kit needed is carried around in this attractive bag LOL



When I'm out and about I sew on my rose hexagon quilt and all that kit is kept in this even more attractive bag (LOL!!!)



I have also made my pincushion for the Pincushion swap hosted by Linda (but I can't show it) and I have made a fabric postcard with a bit of machine quilting (again, I can't show it until it lands where it's supposed to...). And I have also been making cushions for a craft fair...

Phew!! Oh, and I also have 2 of these!!!



They keep me very busy and very happy!

15 comments:

Juliann in WA said...

That baby with the phone is too cute. This is a busy but also very fun time of life. Glad you can enjoy it.

Unknown said...

I have two of these... *LOL* that made me laugh out loud. You really are busy, a lot of projects. I love that June bag you made.

Brenda said...

Karol-Ann; I got exhausted just looking at all of your projects...pretty amazing. Your little one is so adorable and I bet loads of help. Keep on going and have loads of fun.

Brenda

Toni said...

busy busy busy!!

I had to chuckle at the last picture thought! :)

Vicki W said...

Those tote bags are perfect teacher gifts and your hand quilting is beautiful! I don't know how you get so much done with little ones around.

Beertje Zonn said...

You're a busy lady!
What a lovely photo of your child!!!
Kind regards,

Sonnja & Beertje Zonn

loulee said...

Wow, you have been busy, especially when you add the children into the pot.
Looks like you had help with the layout of that that last one though.

dutchcomfort said...

And another bites the dust! Wow, you’ve been working like crazy, so many projects. How do you manage with those two rascals in the house?
Can you explane what a BQL is, please?
I’ve been making kilometers on the sewing machine as well. No time to blog, just sew, cut, sew, iron a.s.o.a.s.f.
Happy week!

Anonymous said...

Hi Karol Ann,
Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment. I've had a look at my settings and can't find where to change from 'No-reply'. I have just ticked a box on your comments form below for follow up emails. Is that right?
BTW Your baby boy is gorgeous and your quilting as always is gorgeous also.
Let me know if I have done the right thing by ticking the box! Thanks
Jenny

~Niki~ said...

I'd love to have you join me and other quilters on my new quilt blog list! Please give me a link back if you join up. Kindly, Niki
http://justusquilters.blogspot.com/

Pascale said...

You have been very busy, and I feel a bit jealous, too busy with everything else to do much sewing.

Kim said...

You do have quite the juggling act going on there, lol, a happy place to be. Your little one is looking very excited and surprised about something. :)

Lissa Jane said...

Oh you have carpet creatures that tread on your design carpet too??? *W* cute bub.. love your take along project bag, shame you dont know someone who could sew you a lovely project baggie *W*


Lissa
*running ducking for cover*

Sandy said...

Way to go with having a treadle machine on the agenda!

Your little one [of two] looks so cute ... however do you achieve sew much?

Love the flying geese bags, very creative.

sandy in South Australia

jovaliquilts said...

Wow, TWO leaders and enders quilts going on at once, I'm impressed! I am trying to keep one going, but need to do more cutting for it. You have some great projects going!