Friday, 20 June 2008

I have my orders!

Oh boy! I sure do!


I have not been blogging much and this situation won't be improving for a bit as 'I have been told!':
Quote:
This is the most cluttered house I've ever lived in and that's saying something as I'm not the tidiest person
Unquote!

So there you have it. I will be de-cluttering and why this sudden urge? Well, (happy dance here), I have been offered a treadle sewing machine and I have ALWAYS wanted one. I was visiting a friend and she had one in her hall. I was enchanted. She said they want to get rid of it when they get a 'proper' hall table and I can have it. I was so happy. Until I came home. Well, we have struck a compromise, I clear out and he means 'big-time' then I can have it (happy dance again!!)

So besides doing a few repairs for friends and family, I am no-sew, just tidy! (I guess this resolve will last til I've pressed publish on this post LOL)

I didn't have my camera with me and I guess even if I had I probably wouldn't have taken a photo and risked being taken for a nut so here's a photo of my commanding officer at our holiday house. And insert a horrible little hoarding wife behind him pushing him into the lagoon LOL

15 comments:

dutchcomfort said...

Oh dear.... I hope he can swim!
Good luck with the decluttering!

Unknown said...

I think he might well have a twin brother down here in Taunton - we're going through much the same down here so I know just where you're sitting - men!!!

Brenda said...

My husband is the one who collects and keeps everything and pushes things here and there. Most of the time I do not mind and just leave his "areas" alone...but every once in a while I force the issue and (believe me in very nice ways) I demand that I be allowed to see the wood on the computer desk. Good luck with the decluttering.

Brenda http://thequiltjourney.blogspot.com/

Toni said...

oh dear!! I know more quilters are not housekeepers...me included! But that is what closets and storage bins are for...I tossed things all in them to get by :) and if the man saids something I mention how cluttered the shed is :)

Good luck! It will help you feel better with a tiddy house!

Kristie said...

My hubby says the samething. When I was working I had a cleaning lady that came a couple of days a week to tidy up...now that I am a stay-at-home Mom...my house is a wreck! Now I sew all day and don't clean very often. Hubby even complains about going to work with treads hanging on his clothing...
Kristie

Mary Johnson said...

I keep waiting for Keith to reach the end of his rope and tell me that the unpacking MUST be completed along with putting away the stuff already out of the boxes. I just can't seem to make myself finish up - probably because I've run out of space and need to get rid of even more stuff.

Hope you're cleaning out doesn't take too long.

loulee said...

Oh Dear, will just hiding it all in the attic work?

Good luck.

Anne Wigfull said...

Well,Karol-Ann and Anne can I borrow one of them? Just for a month or so:¬} Or have I got the wrong end of the stick, do these tidy men actually do any of the decluttering themselves?

Andrea said...

Oh Karol-Ann - aren't they a pain in the bum ? Actually Jason is the clutterer here - he needs nagging to chuck stuff away. Now my dad is far worse - has about 40 years worth of broken watches :-0
Good luck and excellent news about the treadle. I believe it's good exercise for the thighs too lol !

Ann J said...

Housework should be declared a 4 letter word IMHO, but just think of that little lovely waiting for you !!

Unknown said...

No Anne they don't - all they do is wander round tutting and harrumphing and leaving their own stuff about which of course isn't clutter at all - funny how the two lots of items can be defined so differently! I'm off now to do some housework :o(((

Juliann in WA said...

You are too funny. I thought you were going to say that you needed to declutter to make room for a new baby! But a new machine is a great motivation. I am on summer break now and decluttering is definately on my list of things to do.

Julie said...

My husband can't say anything b/c he has the side yard cluttered with his kayaks, lawnmowers, tools, a cement mixer, an old office desk, I could go on and on...

keslyn said...

You sound just like the rest of us, although I must admit to de-cluttering my place a lot over the pass couple of years, and your husband sounds just like mine.
He will get over it!!!!!!!!!!
Happy sewing

Unknown said...

I just hope this won´t take too long I will miss you here if you are not going to blog while you declutter the house.