And there are scarecrows that walk among the crowds... (DS2 did not like this tall lady at all!)
It's a great day out with most of the villagers exhibiting scarecrows outside their front doors. (DSIL's dog inspects a scarecrow on our walk around town)
Some of the villagers have a silly sense of humour...
The day before it rained so the field where the Fair was held was rather muddy. We took the kids on a few of the rides. While DS2 went on the Mery-go-round, DSI went on the swings. When DS2 was finished he just got off the merry-go-round and headed straight for the swings. I got a bit muddy at this point as I had to rugby tackle DS2 to the ground to avoid him being knocked out by a swing! Rather embarrassing really LOL
I've been handquilting the borders on DS2's 'baby' quilt.
I'm just making up the design as I go along :-) Just one and half more sides to go... I had better start thinking about the binding!
7 comments:
Looks like the fair was lots of fun. Loved the pics, some people really put a lot of effort in making the scarecrows.
Kettlewell has a scarecrow festival in August I believe - we went several years ago, the kids had great fun just wandering round spotting them all and ticking them off a list provided. Love your quilted border - as you know I'm rather partial to hearts!
Sounds like a lot of fun. I love to see how creatively people think when asked to make a scarecrow. It's amazing what turns up.
Your boys quilt looks lovely, you'll have that done in no time.
Finally a DRY bank holiday! Love the heart quilt...beautiful!
I wish I was in Japan or in Greece, I miss the simple annual festivals! While there are the "normal" spring and fall things here in the states, I loved the small country festivals in other countries I've visited where friends and neighbors all participate!
Looks like your scarecrows festival was fun!
The quilt is looking very nice!
So you are nearly finished :) It is so special, just beautiful.
Lovely your baby quilt.
Kind regards
Sonnja
Beertje Zonn
Post a Comment