Tuesday, 20 May 2008

A photo finish


At long last. It's handquilted in variegated thread, bound in scraps and just in need of a quick wash to remove the marks made while I made up quilt designs...

I am pleased with it. The blocks are from my BlockBuddySwaps with some from Ila, Amanda, Cobi, Maureen (I think), Theresa G and lots from me (I hope I haven't forgotten anyone!!). I did traditional binding instead of my usual sneaky Cheater’s Binding as I had taken so long on the whole quilt, I felt I couldn't just whizz the binding on.


On another note: We have a 'guest/sewing' room complete. It's really bare for now :-) so I plan to quilt my BQL Ostrich challenge for one of the walls. I will slowly move my sewing stuff in as neatly as possible so that guests don't feel as cluttered as I am LOL





I have been expecting a small squishie from Guðrún, but yesterday the Postie brought me this!!!



DS1 thought he was in heaven! All the yummy sweets and Lazytown stuff. Guðrún has some interesting Icelandic facts on her blog, but doesn't mention that Lazytown was filmed there. DS1 loves Lazytown...


Guðrún and I are swapping some fabric and I'm due to mail her some this week. I love all the fabrics she sent me and the box it came in (Sorry, you can't see that too well in the picture). So Guðrún keep your eyes peeled, I'm planning on going crazy too LOL!

22 comments:

keslyn said...

Your Heart Quilt is stunning - there must be hours and hours of hand quilting in that - A job well done - and that box of goodies looks interesting.
Kerry

Vicki W said...

What a great mail package! Your quilt turned out great - it's so cute!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful quilt!! Love all the different designs you did!!

What a great package of goodies too! And I have a few kids here (my friends kids! who would fight for all those Lazytown goodies!)

Anonymous said...

Fabulous quilt. I love all the different quilting you did and maintained an even spread across the whole piece. Expertly done!

Anne Wigfull said...

It's beautiful, and so much more detail here than in the BQL album :¬} The quilting is stunning.

loulee said...

Your quilt is stunning Karol Ann. I love your hand quilting, all those hearts meandering around the border just finish it off beautifully.
Enjoy your goodies from Iceland.

Unknown said...

Karol-Ann - you've made a wonderful job of your heart quilt - it's really lovely. That sewing room wall is definitely crying out for your Ostrich to grace it - how nice to be getting at least a little semblance of order with concreted drive, new gate and completed sewing room - you won't know yourself

Anonymous said...

Your heart quilt is beautiful. The quilting designs on it are really wonderful. The package from Guðrún looks like great fun for the whole family.

dutchcomfort said...

I absolutely adore the quilt. All handquilted? Wow you are some skilled quilter!
And the box with goodies from Gudrun, amazing how much she has send! Enjoy every piece of it.
And a new sewing room.
I suppose this makes a girl do the happy dance?

Pascale said...

I have been wandering trough your blog and am amazed at your production. You are a very busy sewer, and mum.
I love your creations, stunning.

Rose Marie said...

Isn't Gudrun a sweetie .... and love your quilt .... there is lots of hand work in that piece.

Anonymous said...

Love the quilting on that heart quilt!

Cathie said...

Karol-ann -- I LOVE LOVE LOVE this heart quilt. I must admit -- I adore white quilts with colorful treasures (like the hearts) embedded within. I did a black and white with hot pink hearts for my daughter a while back (pics on my blog) but this white one is so fresh and beautiful and the quilting you did on it really makes it a work of art. Well done!!

Unknown said...

Yes, yes, you have finished the quilt, and how beautiful it is, so many hearts. When your son grows older he will understand what all those hearts mean, it will be a treasure for him to own for years to come.

Kate North said...

what a nice parcel of stuff both for you and the DSs...

Kate North said...

what a nice parcel of stuff both for you and the DSs...

Elsie Montgomery said...

Wow, what a nice quilt. Your quilting is wonderful. You did a great job. And here you had time to send me some sources for a few hearts for my little task! Good for you. You are in my draw, and thank you so much! (I have your email)

Toni said...

Just gorgeous Karol-Ann!! It's soo peaceful and beautiful!

And WOWSERS on the post day! Talk about a FULL package!!

Here, There, Elsewhere... and more said...

Hi, stunning quilt...Wow !
BTW, forgot to say, love the blog name :)

Anonymous said...

Yah! It's finished. It looks GREAT!!!

Fabulous package from Gudrun too.

Anne Ida said...

The quilt turned out wonderful, Karol-Ann! You have done a fabulous job!!!

Great parcel from Gudrun! Icelandic licorice is yummy!

Alison said...

My littlest son would love the lazy town collection!! Good for you! .......and the creepy crawly fabric!