This lost grip on reality has prompted me to tidy up my 'stuff' a bit.
I've put quilt tops together with potential backings. Created a box for blocks (orphans and otherwise) as well as half started projects and I've set about trying to organise my scraps in the most useful way. I've also put a pile of leaders and enders next to my machine. I still have loads to sort out: half started bags, cushions etc...
(over the sewing machine is a top that needed borders for Project Linus UK. Kate sent me the top and I've used some of my favourite star fabric to finish it off. I hope to deliver this and 3 other quilt tops to our regional Linus rep Vicky shortly)
On the sewing front, I was relieved that I managed to finish step 3 of the Orange Crush mystery this week as step 4 has just been revealed!
I have cut my strips (the old-fashioned way) for step 4 so I'll be ready to get going on those soon.
Yorkshire has been so beautiful this past week with lots of glorious sunshine!
So DH has been 'doing' the garden....
Pity he's not 'doing' the house, but maybe just as well as my current temporary sewing space will be the first to go :-(
9 comments:
Thank goodness, you are normal! LOL!
Oh I would never want to try and figure out how much fabric I have - it would be too scary I am sure. Glad you have a little sewing space.
Aren't those sheep adorable! You are right the weather has been fab...thank goodness! I feel like I've been waiting for warm weather for a year!
Oh my dear, I’m not going to count my yards!
Absolutely love the view from your garden! I would love to have such a view! The wheather is fabulous overhere as well. I’m enjoying my tiny little city garden while pinning some quilt-tops together!
That yardage tends to add up faster than we think! *s*
No, no, no, no, no! Don't count your fabric, you'll only feel guilty or something. Just wait and put it away with only one eye on what you are doing. LOL You'll have to wait though by the sounds of things, if DH is doing the garden, you can leave it all alone for a while. Enjoy the sunshine.
Like you I had a bit of a tidy up in my sewing room. It's soooo much better for it. And also like you I'm sure if I added all of my fabric together I could well have 77 yards.
thanks for sharing the glorious pictures of Yorkshire - I do still miss it even after 8 years of having moved away.
Well, your talk about tidying up got me motivated. After folding many different fabrics up on the cutting table I could finally see the cutting mat!! Count the yardage? Oh, my, I really need to sew it up, not count it.
I definitely have over 77 yards of fabric...easily...mmm, though it makes me very curious how much I do have. Might have to play with my stash today!
I took me forever to finish my step 2...but I did have a week in between steps where I was getting anxious for the next part!
Yours look great!
Post a Comment