Saturday, 3 May 2008

African Mavericks

It's my turn to make a block for Kate for our African blockswap. I thought I'd give Bonnie's Maverick Stars a try...


I think these could get addictive and they're a great way to use up smaller bits and scraps.

15 comments:

Juliann in WA said...

These blocks are just wonderful. I need to get some black fabric so I can use my fabric bundle and borrow this great combination.

Anonymous said...

How tempting! I had my box of iddy bitty bits (odd triangles and strips less than 1 1/2") in hand the other day ready to empty into the recycling...and then I thought of those stars.

Toni said...

They are wonderful! I'm sure she will love them!

Unknown said...

These are great fun - and I love them in African on black - so different from Bonnie's usual plaid/homespun style - it's great to see things in different fabric genres

Beertje Zonn said...

The blocks are beautiful!
Kind regards

Sonnja, from the Netherlands
Beertje Zonn

The Calico Cat said...

Love that purple quilt on the fence. (I used a similar setting on my last cat charm quilt.)

Anonymous said...

They are very cool!

Unknown said...

There are so many clever ideas at Bonnie´s site. These stars are great.

Kate North said...

nice :) I shall look forward to it!

Here, There, Elsewhere... and more said...

Hi !
Love your beautiful patchworks..!
I wish i had the time, patience and know-how :)

Wendy said...

The black really makes the stars pop out. They do look addicting.

Anne Wigfull said...

Very nice indeed. Those of us who have been around for quite a while (ahem)know these from Gwen Marsden's book Liberated Piecing. It has many other interesting liberated blocks besides these stars.

Roxane said...

What beautiful colours !

Elsie Montgomery said...

Yummy fabrics! You also give me good ideas for my overflowing drawers of scraps. Thank you!

margaret said...

The maverick stars look SO good in the African fabrics! I'm going to have to rush into the sewing room and sort out some little bits and get started...