Wednesday, 16 April 2008

Spoilt rotten

The timing for the arrival of Kate's parcel was perfect. It arrived on my birthday and was full of swap blocks:


These two blocks are great and are part of our private African Block swap.

This star block is awesome. I'll have to count up how many African blocks I have so far and think about what my plan for them will be... (something for DH I'm thinking)

Kate also give's loads of lovelies away on Mondays and I won these while I was away:

I've never made any string blocks before so I was pleased to get them. Thanks Kate

Then being the generous sort that she is, Kate also included a Jennifer Chiaverini book for my birthday as I'm enjoying the other one she sent me. This came with some soap/bubble stuff which is perfect because as my time is limited, I tend to read in the bath (not smart quilting books of course, but novels etc)
The Ricky Tims book (which will NOT be read in the bath!) is just on loan as I was disappointed not to win Kate's convergence blocks she gave away one week. (See I don't win ALL the time LOL) I have started reading this book and hope to give this a try. (yet another thing on my wish list. Meanwhile Toni had a workshop with Bonnie and now I'm itching like crazy to make someHappy Scrappy Housestoo!)

And here's what I spent some of my birthday money on...

Andrea who finally got my parcel (posted from SA about 11 weeks ago!) gave me a great fabric shopping tip. Thanks Andrea! Now I have some yardage for the Orange Crush mystery. Getting birthday money makes me feel like a kid in a sweet shop. Thank you very much (you know who you are LOL)!

9 comments:

Toni said...

YAH HAPPY BDAY!!! What a great post day!

Mmm...I'm whippin up a few more scrappy houses for ya just because I already had everything cut :)

I'm off to start cutting my part 2 for the Orange Crush! Your choices are awsome!

Kate North said...

wow - her parcel took even longer than mine :)

margaret said...

Love those African blocks - what a great project/swap. I live a block away from "African Beauty Shop" which has fabrics in the window, some tempting and some not, but dare not go in because I'm sure to come out with a 6-yard length!

Ruth's Place said...

Wow, I love those African blocks! And your new fabric looks fabulous too.

Juliann in WA said...

Those blocks are beautiful. What a brilliant idea to use black with those African fabrics!

Angelines Artero said...

beautiful works, could you put a translator in your blog? Regards from Spain

Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

Happy Birthday.... and lovely surprises too!

Unknown said...

Better late than never, Happy Birthday Karol Ann.

Cathi said...

Happy belated birthday!
Hey, I thought I was the only momma who did most of her novel reading in the tub, lol!! I love me my baths!!