I also received a book I won on Kate's blog (this was one of Kate's Manic Monday offerings, and I've already gotten stuck into reading it) Kate also sent me some super-cool shoe fabrics.
Today my lovely husband took me to Embsay Mills near Skipton to buy some fabric for my birthday tomorrow. He asked me what I wanted, I said I know I have a room full of fabric....., but I have no yardage. I'm doing Bonnie's Orange Crush Mystery quilt and have asolutely no yardage for it.
And this is what I bought:
Here are my 4 patches (clue one) for the Quiltville OC Mystery.
I also found some leftover blocks and squares from another Linus quilt I'd made. So I made another top, almost the same as the one I did last year:
And if you can keep a secret, I'll show you the top I've made for my mother...
She chose the colour scheme and wanted a Double-Four Patch type design. (I say 'type design' as I got a bit confused and ok, it's got lots of four patches...but not many doubles). I plan to quilt this myself as it's only a lap quilt and she says she likes quilts soft and underquilted - I can manage that LOL.
6 comments:
Happy Birthday Karol-Ann!
Hope to see you soon.
Hugs
Birgit and Jürgen
those 4 patches go together quickly, don't they!?
You are a lucky gal to get such fun mail all the time!! :)
And I won't tell mum what you are working--my lips are sealed! LOL It is looking good!
Happy Birthday.
My, haven't you been busy.
Happy birthday!
Love your mum's quilt!
I'm tempted by the orange crush mystery too, but have no yardage and am on a self-imposed fabric buying hiatus. I might cave before the year is out though lol
Happy Birthday! I hope you have a glorious day with plenty of cake and ice cream!!
There are 4-patches everywhere *LOL* The quilt for your mother will be beautiful, the light fabric makes it so "clean" if you know what I mean.
Post a Comment