Monday, 21 April 2008

A bad work(wo)man always blames her tools!

Here's April's Block of the Month (BOM) designed by Carol Doak. I am a member of Carol's online Yahoo! group and just love her patterns.


And here's what the block looked like when I thought I'd finished it.

Can you spot the mistake? I left out 2 black bits in one of the quarters! (see bottom right quarter) Not sure how I did that!

I've learned that it is possible to 'fix' a paper-pieced block when you've torn most of the papers off the back because you've sewn the 4 sections together, but it is pretty darn fiddly!

I guess my workspace doesn't aid concentration, but then a clear desk is the sign of a disturbed mind I've heard :O)

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I had to look really hard there to spot what was amiss - must be too early in the morning for my brain to work - mind you most of the day's too early for that in this house :o)

Beertje Zonn said...

Wow, what a beautiful block.
Kind regards

Sonnja
Beertje Zonn

Anonymous said...

Look on the bright side...better to have found your mistake now than when the block is sewn smack dab in the middle of a quilt!

Toni said...

LOL...I didn't notice the mistake until you mentioned it! :) It's a very cool block though!!

Your area isn't too messy!

Andrea said...

My sewing desk is an absolute tip too - we must be SO well balanced - lol !

Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

Thanks for sharing photo of your "inspirational" work space.....I love a "creative quilter". It made me smile.

dutchcomfort said...

Love your block, had to look really hard to spot the mistake. I’m glad to know that I’m not the only one with a messy desk (+table+drawers+ironing board...)

Unknown said...

You have accomplished so much since you came back to the UK. I did not see the mistake until you pointed it out.