Brrr! We're back. My DM tells me it was 34 degrees centigrade in Cape Town today. I have no idea what it is here, but it's cold. In fact, it's freezing! We have returned home to our heating system out of order!!!! (We did have a warm welcome from our neighbours who greeted us with a cottage pie, milk and bread which was an unexpected pleasure and most welcome! Thank you!)
So until we have some heat I won't be posting pictures of the great stuff I got in the mail or the sneaky 'little' purchases I managed to fit in at the Hilltop Quiltshop in Swellendam just yet, because I'm in bed, fully clothed under a duvet and 2 quilts and I'm not getting out to get my camera!
9 comments:
Hope you don't freeze over there, I bet it is good to be home apart from the cold.
Hope it doesn't take too long to get the heating fixed.
Chat soon
Kerry
Lovely to have you back safely in the UK - presume you didn't come in through Terminal 5 or your luggage might well be in Milan! Hope you get the heating fixed soon as it's still pretty cold and they're talking of possible snow again for the weekend (sorry!)
*Shiver* I feel for you, heres a big warm (((HUG))) Hope you heating is fixed soon.
Welcome back to the UK and Europe. You will need some time to get used to everything again I guess. I hope the heating system will be repaired very soon and that Spring is around the corner!
Aren’t you glad you have so many quilts in the house?
Glad you got back safely. I won't tell you that it's a balmy 25 degrees here today :)
Wach auf Karol-Ann!
Es ist Frühling in Europa und wir wollen sehen, was Du mitgebracht hast!
Grüßle aus der schwäbischen Sonne
Birgit
Oh, this post could make me feel chilly along with you, except for the lovely photo of the quilt on the fence! I've not been here for awhile and am delighted with this idea. How did you put your photo into the blogger template? I'd love to do something like this with my blog.
I'm hoping your heat is back on soon and that even under the covers you are having warm and creative thoughts about those next projects!
Elsie
http://elsiequilts.blogspot.com
Welcome back ! You see what you've been missing ? lol. Hope you get your heating sorted sharpish - may be more snow on the way.
I can believe that there is a big difference on South Africa and UK now.
Post a Comment