Wednesday, 19 March 2008

BOM's will be back when I am

I have sadly fallen behind on my BOM's. (My blogging too, but I have such iregular internet usage that I'm actually just pleased I can blog at all).

This is the March Carol Doak Block of the month.



I still have November through to February to do!! But on my return I hope to make them in the same colour scheme and then put them together as a table runner for our home. I just love this fabric and I found out that it's made by a lady called Glenda Kirkiridis and her company is called Amafu. Glenda tells me that she has just sent some more of her gorgeous fabric to the Hilltop Quiltshop in Swellendam! Oh no!, this means I shall be tempted to make a detour on our long drive to Cape Town!!! I shall have to see how the kids handle the trip before committing to a visit...

When we get home (less than 2 weeks now!) I will also have to catch up on my Quilterscornerclub NYB BOM's!!

For the family in the UK who suffer through the sewing bits here are some gratuitous kiddy pics on a sewing/knitting related theme...

DS1 getting in the BOM picture...


DS2 asleep while photos being taken. Blanket made by Granny. There is another blanket (one each) which looks a lot more patchworky.



And on another note: DS1 and Mummy with her new haircut.



** - newsflash - ** A new haircut and now I need new specs too!! I went to see an optometrist today. I have to ease up on the contacts. My specs are so bad he was surprised I see anything. I had to admit I don't see much, but hey, I'm shortsighted, I don't expect to see much LOL. He asked if I knew why I was shortsighted. It reminded me of Little Red Riding Hood: 'Why, what big eyes you've got' he said. Turns out because my eyes are more open than 'normal' it means I am naturally shortsighted. You learn something new everyday. I went for a very funky pair of specs. I hope not too funky for me LOL.

11 comments:

Penny said...

Thats a very bright block.

Kate North said...

how nice to see you! Not sure I've seen a proper picture before... great haircut & can't wait to see the funky specs.

Anonymous said...

Wow...pictures of you! Fantastic to put a face to the name. Love the new hair cut and I hope all the planning and prep work for coming home goes smoothly!

Unknown said...

Nor me Kate - nice hairdo Karol-Ann - can't wait to see the specs too :o) And love the block btw

Ruth's Place said...

Love the new haircut! The block looks great, and thanks for the link to the fabrics. I'm off to check it out now. :)

Jane said...

As usual, we are all far more interested in the pics of you and the boys, although, the bag on the last blog looked great!
We miss you so much, its definitely about time you came home. I'm glad you posted the picture of yourself KA - I don't think we'd have recognised you!! You look fab by the way - really suits you.
Lots of love JMC & F
By the way, WHEN are you back?

Anonymous said...

Very nice block. Thanks for the link to AMAFU. Those are fabulous fabrics. I Love Love Love your header picture, both the quilt and the landscape. So beautiful!

dutchcomfort said...

Wonderful block, looks very complicated! Love your new haircut! Enjoy the two weeks in SA and Happy Easter!

Unknown said...

The quilt in the header is beautiful. I don´t know how your "old" haircut was but you look good with your "new" one.

Andrea said...

You're so good at these complicated blocks. Very nice. Great photos - great hair - lol ! Jack is very like you.

Pink and Barbara said...

Love the new haircut!