Tuesday, 8 April 2008

Happy Anniversary Darling

Not sure if he'll see this (he's not a big my-blog reader LOL), but today is our wedding anniversary.


Yep, 4 years ago today we braved the cold and tied the knot. It was a wonderful day, but also a sad day as neither of our fathers could be present. However, both Mum's were there and for that we were very grateful.

On Saturday I received this...


...from Anne. Isn't it stunning! I saw her making them on her blog and just had to have one. So a deal was done. African fabrics in exchange for this beautiful wall hanging. I wanted to blog it today - seemed somehow appropriate with the hearts and all and it will live above our bed. Thank you so much Anne. (your fabrics will be on their way to you this week!)

As I'm feeling love/loved/whatever a mini-giveaway:

3 African FQ's from Da Gama textiles for one lucky reader...

If it happens to be someone who has already received these fabrics from me, I'll send something else unless you want more of the same (and then perhaps I'll pick another lucky commenter/reader for these fabrics). Comments by the 14th! Anyone is welcome to comment except don't say a word about the CLUTTER:

See what an opposite this house is to the one in SA???

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary - glad the hearts arrived safely - I forgot to take a picture so I'm going to pinch yours. Count me in for the draw please - you gotta love those zebras

Unknown said...

ps your sewing area looks much like mine did before I had the major Easter clear-up - wish I was closer I'd call round and give you a hand :o)

Kate North said...

well, since I already have those, I wasn't going to comment :) but then you offered an alternative, so being the fabric slut I am, how can I resist!!

loulee said...

Happy Anniversary.

One of Annes Heart quilts, you are lucky. They are sooooooo sweet.

Anne Ida said...

Happy anniversary!

The little heart quilt is lovely!

Ruth's Place said...

Just wanted to say Happy Anniversary! Don't throw my name in the draw, it'd be a bit like sending ice to the Inuit.

Andrea said...

Happy Anniversary - doesn't time fly when you're having fun ? lol The wedding photo is lovely. We're all messy in our sewing rooms - it's the law :-)

Beertje Zonn said...

Happy Anniversary!

Kind regards

Sonnja
Beertje Zonn

keslyn said...

Happy Wedding Anniversary,
The heart quilt is perfect for today.
Enjoy
Kerry

Laila said...

Happy Anniversary. The heart quilt are so lovely. No wonder you got o have it. Do you have some trouble with getting what you want in your sewing area??? LOL It looks a bit like mine does sometimes. :-)

Unknown said...

Happy anniversary I hope you had a great night out. I get your point on the house.

YankeeQuilter said...

Happy anniversary! You both look so happy! No quilter ever has to apologize about their sewing room to me!

Quilting Pirate said...

Happy Belated Anniversary!! What a beautiful wedding picture!

And what a cute little heart quilt! Makes ya feel soo loved!

Ann J said...

Just found your Blog - Happy Anniversary!Please count me in the giveaway - I lived in SA for 10 years so these fabrics would be a great reminder!

Sue Cahill said...

Happy Anniversary, may love reign forever in your home. Thank you for the cances to win such lovely fabrics.

Sarah said...

I'm sure lots of sewing rooms get a bit crowded sometimes.... mine certainly does...

Lynda said...

Happy anniversary!
The sewing room reminds me of mine before DS came home at Easter and wanted to sleep in his bed!
Fabrics are gorgeous - I already have a plan if I win!