After completing my Rose Hexagon quilt
I had quite a few leftover hexagons...
I thought to maybe do 'Grandmother's Flower Garden'...
...but that's not really my style
and I didn't have enough of the same pieces for the centres...
So I wondered how to sew my hexagons together
without them being just sewn together.
By dividing the hexagon shape into triangles,
using the triangles as my paper templates
And cutting white fabric triangles
to sew between the leftover hexagons
I found a new use for the 'leftovers'...
I sewed lots of pieces together
leaving lots of gaps to be sewn closed at a later stage
so that I could take it in my handbag
to sew at the hospital
(that way I didn't risk dropping pins all over the place!)
8 comments:
Very clever and inspiring ! Now I feel like making something like that too... when there's already so much inspiration all around. Not sure I will have the time... but it's sure nice to dream about it.
Nice solution. How large do you think you will try to make it?
good use of scraps...........
I love how this is turning out. Great way to use up the left overs.
Looks lovely - but I can tell that in my heart I am a machine quilter when I spot the straight diagonal lines and see that I could make this on the machine!
Love your layout (although in this house, 'spare hexies' is a bit like left over chocolate. I've heard of the concept, but not seen it in real life!).
Good luck with the hospital appts.
Very pretty, looks like a vintage tiled floor. I love it!
Your such a clever girl :- ) Vicky x
I am really fond of your new hexagon quilt. I love the idea with the triangles a lot.
Perhaps you would tell me how large your hexagons are and whats for you the best way to sew them together.
Thanks in advance.
Brigitte/A
Post a Comment