I'm home!
I'm having a few little issues
with my wound,
but generally feeling good to be home
and glad that it's over.
Before I went in for my operation,
and one of the reasons,
I was such a bad blogger
was because I was dabbling
with a bit of garment sewing.
I used patterns from
The Great British Sewing Bee
and made myself 3 tunics
(one long enough to be worn as a dress)
and a tunic for Miss Kalico.
I also made my friend's husband
and Mr Kalico some shorts
from a pattern I cut myself.
It was lovely to look out the window one day
and see them wearing stuff I'd made.
I have bought the second book
and hope to make a few more things
when I can drive my machine again.
In the meantime I am handsewing the borders on
my rose star hexagon quilt for Miss Kalico.




5 comments:
I'm glad the surgery went well!
Wishing you a speedy recovery.
The clothes you've made look great. I love the material in the tunics.
nice to make something unique..........rest as best you can......
so glad it all happened this time xx isn't it fun when they will wear what you have sewn xx
Hope your wound issues solve themselves soon.
The outfits are adorable.
Post a Comment