A long long time ago!
I fancied making Kaffe Fassett's Pennants quilt,
but obviously being me,
I had to do it differently
and so I decided to English-Paper-Piece it!
I managed 22 blocks before I gave up and it became a UFO.
A very old UFO now!
Today I got it out
and with a little help from Miss Kalico
I laid it out with some orphan heart blocks.
I had made the heart blocks
when I was doing a monthly heart block swap -
also many many years ago now (at least 10 or so I think!!)
The hearts were a hit ;o)
And my old scrap of paper with a potential layout
was good for colouring in too apparently!!
*****
The reason I could tackle another 'Unfinished Object'
is because the binding is now sewn down on the baby quilt.
This went amazingly quickly.
Either that or I am not used to having this much time to sew!
I plan to get a proper picture of this quilt
when I am walking without crutches again...







3 comments:
resting you leg.. CHECK
entertaining the youngest... CHECK
getting projects finished.. CHECK
sounds like a winner to me x
Its going to be a beautiful quilt, I love the shades of blue.
It looks awfully productive for someone who is 'resting'! Lovely work, as ever!
Hope that the post-op stuff all goes well.
Post a Comment