It seems it's blackberry season!
I used to say how wonderful it was to see blackberries
until my husband said that seeing them meant that Summer was over.
Now they are a mixed blessing -
great for pies, but not great for welcoming Autumn!
While I was at the Harrogate Quilt Show,
I had a phone call from my son to say that I needed to hurry back
as they'd found blackberries and wanted a pie baked!
Needless to say, I took my time LOL.
But the next day I made the pie
and apparently it was delicious.
However, I did try something different this time....
I used 'Stevia' instead of sugar for the filling.
'They' claim you only use half as much,
it's low in calories and completely natural.
It does have a teensy aftertaste though
(for me - everyone else says it's fine....)
So although it looked good and tasted OK,
I still think I'm going to stick with real sugar,
but maybe just half as much as normal...
3 comments:
Oh, it sure looks good! We just put in blackberry plants last year and will get a small harvest this year.
Thanks for the info on your Stevia experiment. I have wondered how it would work in a pie.
Beautiful pie. Mine taste good but aren't so pretty.
It looks yummy! I just can't abide fake sugar. I have to eat enough fake foods because of my allergies so I have outlawed all fake sugars in my house.
Post a Comment