Thursday, 19 September 2013

A 'Harvest' of Finishes

Tomorrow is Harvest festival at school,
I was stupidly proud of our 'harvest'
considering how hard it has been to grow anything
the last few years!
This is our donation to the church:

*****
I have had quite a few finishes of late,
but the weather is seriously wet, rainy and GREY!!!
So no nice countryside pics of these!
The binding is on my Purple & Green Oceans:

I do love this colour scheme,
I'm not sure I'm ready to redecorate 
the living room to make it match, but we'll see :)
A close-up of the quilting:

*****
I've also finished another baby quilt...
I'm expecting (ha ha - no!! not me!)
 lots of babies to be born or else!!
The back:
I really enjoyed this floral pantograph,
it looked harder than it was and very relaxing to quilt.
*****
Here's another one 
that I'm sewing the binding down on:
Quilted with 'Stars & Loops'

*****
I've finished a doll from a magazine my mother gave me,
I'll try and come back and credit the designer...

*****
I've also got this huge top to ready to quilt stage
by adding borders:
And I pieced a humungous backing
for it, so it'll be the next one to quilt
once I've finished the top that's on the longarm at the moment....
So that's it as far as finishes 
(or almost finishes)
for now!

4 comments:

Carole~Quilter on the hill said...

Wow you have been so productive, congratulations on all those finishes!

Janet O. said...

Is this your longest post ever? So much good stuff here! I love purple and green, too, but I haven't decorated in that color scheme, either. What a great quilt!
You have been busy!

Vicki W said...

Aside from potatoes and peppers our garden was a total dud this year. We didn't get any corn or cantaloupe and very little squash. I hope it's better next year. Your studio, on the other hand, has been amazingly productive!

Kate North said...

The purple and green quilt looks great... I have some Linus tops to send (they are in a parcel, and have been next to the door all week - perhaps I will get to the PO this week!). Assume you got the thread parcel?