Monday, 17 December 2012

Not a Single Stitch!

Note to Self:
Never pack away a project without
leaving yourself notes as to where you are with it...
 (I believe I have all the bits and pieces
needed to complete this project,
but I'm not 100% sure now!)
 Note to self:
Blocks found in random bags
 belonging to above project
 should be kept together!!!:
 Note to self:
Never expect to get any sewing done
with a baby
- ever!
Little Miss-Kalico had a thumb operation today.
I took along loads of sewing to do.
I didn't manage a single stitch!
 
Note to self:
 Sewing is great, but family is better!

She's asleep now and I'm hoping
that she stays that way until morning.
A good night's rest will be just what the doctor ordered!

10 comments:

ruthsplace said...

I hope baby calico heals quickly and that a good night's sleep is had by all.

Katie Z. said...

Facebook won't let me comment... So sorry the baby ad to have surgery, and I certainly hope you get some sleep!

YankeeQuilter said...

Pray you both get a good night's sleep!

Vicki W said...

Baby Kalico doesn't look to be too bothered about it all. Your quilt is coming along beautifully.

Andrea said...

Awww - look at her little hand ! Poor Harriet - hope she's better really quickly xxx

Kate North said...

I forgot that was this week - hope it all went okay. Hugs to all.

Lynda said...

babies don't find these things as traumatic as mums! Hope you had a good sleep! And, yes, after doing a bit of a tidy of my sewing room for Christmas guests, I too have found random bags with bits! Good luck with yours!

Shari said...

Hope she recovers quickly! What a little darling.

Love your project. Looks nearly finished. The UFO fairy hides bits and pieces at my house too.

Anonymous said...

Poor thing...hope she is healing up well.

I leave notes for myself all the time...I left one on the Christmas decoration box that went something like:
Dear Jane there are only 2 boxes of decorations, do not send hubby into loft looking for a third. Have a very Merry Christmas...love, Jane :o)

Kim said...

Dear Jane...so funny about the three boxes! Not so funny that Baby Kalico has had surgery and a very large bandage as well. I hope her tiny thumb is made well and life settles back to its normal level of chaos. Happy New Year to you and your family. :-D