I couldn't think what to title this post,
but I thought because it's a bit of a mix
of things, it's a bit of a bean salad ;o)
First up:
My first scrappy Corn and Bean block
These blocks are such fun to make
and I plan to make them super-scrappy
thanks to Sio for getting me itchy to make them
and another friend who gave me the most awesome scraps!
(Yes, it's true - other people's scraps
are always better than your own!!)
*****
Another 2 rose-star half blocks:
And loads more cut out!!
*****
I was rather penniless
at the Great North Quilt Show,
but these came home with me:
As did these gorgeous Owl fabrics.
I'm sure I'll make something out of them
for Baby-Kalico
as I rather like owls at the moment:
And a ruler - made out of perspex,
but bought with plastic ;o)
The pencil case was bought at a local supermarket
(couldn't resist!)
*****
This week was 'Back to school!'
My baby boy started Year 1:
I think they were both almost as happy
to go back to school
as Mummy was to send them! :)
Walking up to the bus on the first morning:
Baby-Kalico misses them terribly
when they are at school...
But she's a joy to have around.
6 comments:
love the bean block reminds me a bit of my arrow head star block and I had fun doing that and finished the quilt in 3 months yipi x x vicky C
Your 'bean salad' block is awesome---I love those colors. :)
funny how we come up with blog titles..........what makes you think to write what.......quiter days at your place again......
Lovely stitching. LOVE the owl fabric.
My goodness the boys are getting big and Baby Calico is sweeter every time you post a picture.
Corn and Beans makes a very cool quilt. I love it!
What cute owl fabric--and a perfect pencil case. : )
Oh, won't you and Baby Kalico have fun while the boys are away!
These blocks are great, I love the quilt that YankeeQuilter made using them.
Post a Comment