Friday, 17 August 2012

Hello Africa

Kate and I have traded African blocks
for a while now, although we have had
a few stops and starts...

When Kate came for her recent visit with her family
she brought me a new block:

And while we had a few spare minutes
together in the studio, I made us each an
African block too:
 
This pattern is called Ribbon Star.
*****
Kate had sent me these African blocks previously:
(which I had forgotten to blog)
I really do need to dig
all our African blocks out
and decide how to put them together!

*****
The studio needs a srious tidy up,
but it was great to share the space with a friend

*****
Kate also brought some quilt tops for Linus!
These will be passed on to be quilted and donated.
Thanks Kate!

3 comments:

Kate North said...

my pleasure. And I'm still very envious of your lovely studio space, tidy or not!

Ms. C said...

I love those African blocks. What a wonderful job!

Nik said...

Love your latest friend's African block - is it foundation piecing? Stunning.