Sunday, 15 April 2012

Getting in a Bind on my Birthday

YES, everyone who did the Cathedral Stars workshop
with Bonnie Hunter LAST February!
Yes, I have attached the binding...
But, NO,
No I haven't had a chance to stitch it down just yet...

*****
I received some really beautiful flowers, fabric, chocolates
etc. for my 40th birthday.
Unfortunately, I spent the day on the sofa and in bed
as I had some sort of stomach bug,
but hey at least I got some rest as my wonderful husband
looked after the kids and left me to wallow...
These are the flowers my Mom sent me.
Thanks Mom, they're lovely!

11 comments:

Kim said...

The birthday flowers from your mom are beautiful - I think I can smell them from here! Happy birthday. :-D

PiecefulChaos said...

Happy 40th! If i am sick on my bday or otherwise can't celebrate I postpone it for a week - so make next Sunday your bday and celebrate then!

dutchcomfort said...

Happy Birthday Karol-Ann. Love those sweet Birthday flowers from your Mom!

Janet O. said...

I think attaching the binding is a major victory--I often stall at that stage.
So sorry you weren't well on your big 4-0! Hope you can make it a big event another day.
Gorgeous flowers from Mom!!

Ginger said...

Beautiful flowers! I'm glad you were spoilt and had a good birthday - despite feeling under the weather. My hubby was 50 on Saturday and his celebrations started the weekend before so I think you should do as PiecefulChaos says and keep on partying through until next week!

Anonymous said...

Stomach bug eh? If you were turning 18 I wouldn't believe you lol. It's the kind of excuse they'd use to cover a good night out. Hope you are feeling better now and that you get to celebrate before too long. Welcome to the club!

Fran said...

Hope you're feeling better!

Carole said...

Happy 40th birthday - and LOVELY flowers, just the thing to lift up your spirit from this bad bug.

Lisa Werdel said...

YES ! I'm proud of you :-) !!!

Sarah said...

The flowers are lovely. Hope you're feeling better now.
I love finishing off the binding on a quilt - very satisfying. I've got a small quilt I'm hand quilting at the mo - must be at least 3 years old. Ha ha

FIONA said...

Beautiful flowers, happy birthday, gorgeous quilts and have enjoyed reading and now following your blog! Birthday greetings from down under!! Fiona x