At last the Cathedral Stars
quilt that I started last year
in February in Germany is finished!
Even the sheep were impressed
(or hungry!)
I pieced the back and used left over 2" squares
to 'stretch' the fabric to the size needed...
This quilt was started during the Bonnie Hunter Workshop in Schonaich,
so I shall always remember watching Bonnie unpick my blocks ;)
and I shall also remember how I sewed the one block wrong,
but left it as I had done too many that same wrong way already,
and I shall also remember how all my German quilting friends
have nagged and nagged me to finish this quilt
(And I shall look forward to nagging them about something in future! ;D )
It was Longarmed quilted by Chris at Father's Heart
and I love the swirly quiling design she suggested.
Now to finish something else before I go into hospital on the 8th of May :(
14 comments:
who was nagging :-) ?
Great job, wonderful quilt and great pictures, I guess I need some sheep to photograph my quilts in the future !!
Love the quilt !!!
It's beautiful!
Do something fun before May 8th!
It looks fantastic . I'll look forward seeing it in the flesh so to speak next time I'm over to see you Vicky C
Beautiful quilt! It really stands on its own, but the lovely pastoral setting doesn't hurt any!
I can't imagine what it must be like to have Bonnie Hunter unpicking your mistake! : )
And the piecing on your backing would make her proud!!
Awesome quilt. You are a lot more productief than me :)
Take care of yourself. Best of luck on the 8th.
That's a beauty! I really love the color palette you used.
such a beautifulquilt ! Love the photoshoot with the sheep and I envy you for the fence, the landscape and the space! But not for your surgery! Take care!
I love your quilt....Mine isn`t quilted yet...so you`re the winner ;-)
Oh so pretty! Well done on a fantastic finish!
it looks wonderful xx
That's an amazing quilt!
Your quilt looks great. That is a wonderful place to photograph it.
Shame you didn't go out on the lake at Bowness. We did last year and loved it ...we wrapped up really warmly.
I'd say those sheep look impressed and rightly so - it's gorgeous !! I actually made a Rose Star block this week - wonders will never cease. You got any prepped for your recuperation time ? xxx
I thought it was one of Bonnie's designs when I saw it at the top of the post! Looking fabulous!
Post a Comment