Saturday, 6 August 2011

A Trophy Finish

Today was the Annual Village Show and so I had been furiously hand quilting to finish my New York Beauty quilt. I wanted to enter it in the show and only just managed the last few stitches on the binding last night. But my efforts proved worth it as my quilt won a 'First' place in the Needlework section and a 'Best Exhibit in the Handicraft Section'. It was great to have a judge who appreciates patchwork and quilting as a lot of work has gone into this quilt.

(This is not a great photo, but I didn't have time to get any shots in any decent light as it has rained all day and it was only finished last night - perhaps a decent photo to follow this week.)

My first ever doll also won a 'First'. (I like this judge LOL):

And one of my bags also won a 'First'. (I REALLY really like this judge! LOL)
The children also did well with their exhibits and enjoyed receiving some prize money.
My eldest son was very proud of my trophy for: 'The Most points in the Handicraft Section' which made Mummy very happy indeed.

21 comments:

Mad about Craft said...

Well Done You!!!!

Katie Z. said...

Congratulations! The quilt is fabulous.

Andrea said...

What a star you are - hip hip hooray !! Well done - was wondering what you were up to as you've been a bit quiet. The quilt is fabulous and your hard work really paid off xxx

Vicki W said...

Congratulations!

Plum Cox said...

Well done you! Fantastic quilt (and lovely other crafty things too!). Enjoy your trophy!

Toni said...

Karol Ann, CONGRATS on ALL winnings!! You are a winner in my book.....I SOO love your NYB quilt!

Great job on all your projects, you earned those titles!

Katie said...

Congratulations! Now you can start a brag wall! :-)

Anonymous said...

Congrats, you did really good work, it all looks fantastic!

Wendz said...

Oh my Goodness, that is fantastic! Bet your family are all very proud of you and what a wonderful example you are to your little people. Your Carolina Lilly also looks so beautiful.

Ruth said...

Your quilt is awesome! No wonder you got first place - contratulations! The judge was very good!! The doll is so cute! I love hand made dolls and have made a couple, but want to make more someday.

Kandy Newton said...

Huge Congratulations - Beautiful workmanship, so I'm not surprised the judge saw your *First* potential:-)

Clare said...

Fabulous quilt and well deserved. Congratulations!

Elsie Montgomery said...

Congratulations... I knew you were a winner before the judge figured it out!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful quilt. The judge made the right decision. Thanks for sharing.
cindy

Fran said...

Well done! Sounds great having a village show x

Birgit-Patch said...

Congrats Karol-Ann!
Du hast ja toll abgesahnt.
Paß auf, bald haben die anderen keine Lust mehr mitzumachen.

Jeanne said...

Congratulations on your prizes. Great projects. Love the photo of your kitty in the batting, too.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on all the wins!!!

Dorothea said...

Hi Karol-Ann, I loved your NY beauty when I first saw it. I am happy you won a prize for it. Keep up the good work! btw I am still wondering about your hats. How did they go over? Like your doll and bag as well. And always your countryside.

Pascale said...

Many congratulations Karol Ann. I'm just back from holidays and catching up with emails and blogs. I can see you haven't lost your time. Your rewards were well deserved.

Unknown said...

CONGRATULATIONS, you deserve these awards.