Wednesday I took the boys to the Royal Armouries in Leeds.
It's a great day out and there was so much to see and do.
You would definitely have to like guns, swords, weapons, battlefields etc. a bit more than I do to get the most out of it, but I can see the bigger picture and enjoyed myself nonetheless =)
And of course I did love the costumes!
The boys had an absolute blast. My youngest son pretty much ran everywhere! He could not get enough of the place (even if he barely glimpsed in any of the cabinets!)
The views out the windows onto parts of Clarence Dock were great too!
There were some pretty spectacular displays... here the boys enjoyed watching a bullet being fired in slow motion... (I had to bribe them to look at me for a photo!)
It's a very airy building with galleries on 3 levels...
The children's play area was very well equipped with lots of dressing up kit, mini archery and a chance to decorate a paper sword, shield or crown...
Definitely a great (boy's) day out!
3 comments:
And what great bonding time! They'll never forget it!
I was there a few years ago, and I loved it! Must be boy's idea of heaven ;-)
They are so cute.
Post a Comment