Friday, 19 August 2011

Basting for Baby

I have managed to quilt and bind (but not photograph) the doll quilt and thought that with less than 10 weeks to go until my due date I had better get a quilt made for baby...

So today before I took the boys down to the beck for a picnic in the cold and a dip in the water which was FREEZING (I know this as I took off my shoes and socks, rolled up my trousers and went in to help my son rebuild a bit of a dam wall for approximately 2 minutes before I lost all feeling in my lower limbs!!), I basted the baby quilt....

As usual I used the Sharon Schamber method of basting which works a treat with the bedposts that I keep on hand for just this purpose =)

I started this quilt before we found out what we were having and I am hoping it's still sufficiently neutral should the information be wrong :-)

Now to find time to quilt it, wash the baby stuff, get the baby a bed sorted, clean the house, entertain the boys for another 2 weeks before school starts.... oh and in September meet some wonderful bloggy friends in London!

7 comments:

Janet O. said...

Looks like a fun baby quilt. Good luck with your "to-do-before-baby" list! : )

Katie Z. said...

Ooh-la-la! Only ten weeks? I hope you are not as tired as before! Your quilt is wonderfully neutral, but let's hope the doctors are right!

Vicki W said...

I love the bright colors of the new baby quilt and I can't wait for London!

dutchcomfort said...

Lo-ve-ly! What colours will you be decorating the baby-room/place?

Kate North said...

It is of course possible that someone will give you a baby quilt as a present... I'm just saying...

Pinktulip said...

OMG! Less than 10 weeks?! Did time fly, or did I just find out late? This is so exciting, the closest I will come to pregnancy or babies ever in my life again!

Kim said...

A new baby in the works?! I'm late to this party, too! Congratulations! You do have some nest making to do for this little one, but they really need only the basics - at least a drawer to sleep in, lol. No doubt you will be ready and waiting. A date with blogger friends does sound like great fun. You sound busy and happy. :-D Glad to hear it.