My war on my UFO's continues...:
I have sewn together my NYB blocks and am now contemplating borders...
Black with cornerstones or piano keys of multiple colours???
I may need to think about this for a bit.
Then I have started work on my Cathedral Star blocks again.
Like Lisa, I also don't want this to be another UFO!
Just a few more star blocks to go...
I have also completed ALL 12 super-size Jared takes a Wife blocks...
... but have stalled with the sashings...
DH continues to finish up his Do It Himself UFO's...
This time with laying super new flooring and finishing up the dining room/study...
And DS1 has taken up the trumpet.
In an attempt not to curb his enthusiasm,
I will refrain from wearing my earplugs when he can see me :-)
9 comments:
That New York Beauty top is amazing! I'd got for multi coloured piano keys for the border, with a narrow black one between that and the main body.
Crikey!
There is not stopping you - it's like a quilter on speed!!!
I'm impressed.
Best
Joyce (no blog)
Your NYB is amazing Karol-Ann! I love the black border cause it frames the NYB blocks so beautifully!
Trompet... oh my dear! He looks so cute playing that huge instrument! Just buy some fluorescent earplugs, he will love those!
I love your NYB blocks.
ugh, the trumpet. My brothers and I all played instruments - trumpet, clarinet, drums. I don't know how my Mom put up with it.
Oh, I like that NYB too. I've one on my to-do list (actually "like to do" list) and this is more inspiration!
Love the NYB ! thanks for sharing, it is on my list on quilts to start :-) after I finished my UFOs !
Love the NYBeauty -- I have a few blocks made for one, but that's all. Good look deciding on the border.
Great! I play the trumpet too! I played in the high school band, and now I play in a little community band. It is a lot of fun. I am sure my parents wished they had earplugs, especially when I was a beginner.
That NYB quilt is going to be stunning, I would put black borders :) Your DS1 is growing very fast.
Post a Comment