Wednesday, 2 March 2011

Did Someone Say Chocolate!

I still have so many photos to blog from my fantastic trip to Germany - here are the chocolate ones! Birgit collected me from the airport and then after driving past my dinner (a rotisserie chicken stand that we didn't stop at as I didn't realise that was my dinner lol) we went straight to the Ritter Sport chocolate factory in Waldenbuch.


The factory shop and museum is housed in a beautiful building...


We had a little look around, a little taste and a little shop :-)

I should have taken a pic inside the shop, it is very colourful and very full!
This was a poster outside...

On the way back to Birgit's we stopped at a bakery for Brezeln. (Big soft freshly baked pretzels - delicious with butter!)

I saw these in the bakery and would have loved to have brought them home for the boys...

Later during a workshop Birgit and I introduced Bonnie to the delights of 'Mon Cherie' (cherries in liqueur covered in dark chocolate) and 'Mozart Kugeln' (marzipan and pistachio in chocolate).

I look a bit like a hamster in this photo (this tends to happen if someone takes a photo of you with your mouth and cheeks full of chocolate!)

5 comments:

YankeeQuilter said...

How I loved going to the German bakeries! I ended up running extra miles every day just to fit in my uniform...

Carole said...

I didn't know, before coming to the trunshow, that the Ritter Sport factory was in the neighbourhood ! Next time I'll stop and visit.
Mozartskugeln are also a favorite at our home, and yesterday we stopped at a bakery and had a snack : my younger daughter took one of these little chocolate guys and they looked delicious (I only guessed, she was to leave me a little bit to taste but she forgot !) I'm really glad we live so close to Germany.

Joyce said...

Glad the event was as brill as you'd hoped. What I'm really waiting to see is the progress to date on your Cathedral Stars!!!!
Best
Joyce (no blog)

Julie said...

Yummy! Chocolate is always a favorite with me too!

Unknown said...

Ummm, I would like to try Ritter sport Espresso, I have never seen it here, I "often" buy the one with the hazelnuts.