Thanks to this blog I can tell how long this UFO has been kicking around! September 2008 I started doubling these string blocks, (see my tutorial in the sidebar), that I got from Kate.
So after my wonderful quilt trip in Germany I just had to get it pieced together and donated to Project Linus.
This top will be joining some other tops that have been kindly donated (again) by Kate. Thanks Kate for these 3 cool tops which are much appreciated and are now in the hands of Vicky for Project Linus...
1)
Also thanks again to Birgit who donated this panel to Vicky for Project Linus.
9 comments:
Oops, deleted this one by mistake, but here it is...:
Du bist ja richtig motiviert!
Ich habe gestern bergeweise 2 1/2 inch Quadrate geschnitten. Morgen gehts los mit dem Nähen!
Grüßle aus der Sonne
Birgit
Nice finish. Can I give you my UFO bin! heehee
I love your doubled string blocks!!
Well done...those are some wonderful quilts..bound to put smiles on faces!
That string quilt is great!!
The string quilt is gorgeous! Can you tell me how big the blocks were?
Excellent idea, doubling the blocks ! I have some huge squares that will undergo this treatment...
Great that you have a link to Project Linus, I was wondering recently if there was any such charity in France.
the strings quilt is wonderful - I love the mixture of blues. And wonderful projects for Linus as well.
The blue quilt is so gorgeous! Really beutiful. You got a boost from your trip to Germany and have been very busy. That is so great. Linus sounds like a wonderful charity but not yet in Germnay. Maybe Birgit can get a chapter started.
Post a Comment