Thursday, 3 March 2011

A Tourist in Town


On one of my days off from quilting with Bonnie, I wandered around the town where I used to live when I lived in Germany...

It had changed quite a bit :-) All over town were owls and ravens painted in bright colours...

It was apparently for some celebraton a few years back, but the birds have stood the test of time...

They were everywhere and they looked very cheerful on such a grey day.

My friend who collected me in town accused me of being a tourist...

...well I am there now!

4 comments:

Julie said...

I love them! We have similar things here. In Chicago - cows, in Auburn, Alabama, (near where I live) tigers.

dutchcomfort said...

Those birds look awesome!
We have had colourful cows for an exhibition in town. It looked so cheerful!

loulee said...

The brightlypainted birds remind me of the Elephant parade we saw in London last year.

Anonymous said...

Strange being a tourist in your old town...but I did it too this past summer when we went to Canada...in a way you see things you didn't see before!

Great pics of the birds..bet they cheer up the place.