Friday, 4 March 2011

Shiny & Red

On my last full day in Germany, Birgit kindly took me to the new 'Meilenwerk' in Boeblingen. There you can see wonderful 'old-timers'. Obviously these classic cars come in all sorts of colours, but the red ones were my favourite!!


Just in case you hadn't noticed it's a PORSCHE tractor!!!


On the wall is a saying that roughly translates to : 'Every old-timer was once in its time the absolutely newest development of human invention'. How true!

This little car was so cute!


The tables in the coffee shop were very innovative ('the newest development of human invention?' ;-D)


And the table out of a propellor was pretty cool too (with the yummy red leather sofa)


Now this is a classic!! Love it!:


Don't forget, old-timers needed to fill up too :-)

5 comments:

dutchcomfort said...

Such fun pictures!
Does the oldtimer sayings also counts for oldies like me...LOL?
Love the Volkswagon Van!

Julie said...

Such bright and pretty colors in this place. I love the pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Elsie Montgomery said...

Wow, really neat pictures. Looks like a lot of fun!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures...I do like that propeller table in the coffee shop...it's a bit like the seats in first class for long haul flights...not that I know about that personally...I've just seen pictures :o)

Unknown said...

Porsche tractor, well that is something.