Monday, 3 May 2010

Wray Scarecrow Festival 2010

Today we took the boys to the Fair at Wray and had a look at some of the wonderful scarecrows made by the villagers of Wray....

This one was a partcularily beautiful textile art:


The four seasons:
The garden centre had wonderful displays:


The boys enjoyed a donkey ride:

Water, water? No only coke and lemonade at this outdoor stall!! (Or you could queue inside for half an hour. I think not!)

These little dogs were too cute! I am not really a dog person, but they were very awww...


Ice-lollies and Postman Pat...

More beautiful scare-sculptures...



The owl and the pussy-cat...


Love my boys...


I spotted this amazing conservatory in a local garden and just thought it was something that would just be awesome in ours!!! (One lottery ticket coming up!!)


I can dream (and apparently I can also stalk someone's conservatory LOL)


Next time something quilty!

12 comments:

YankeeQuilter said...

loved the scarecrow photos! looks like the boys had a great day...

Lynda said...

What a great day - and it's obviously been a bit much for Postman Pat!

georgie said...

That looks like a really nice day out your boys look of a similar age to my little boy and girl,when do you find time to quitl?
Georgie x

Unknown said...

Great photos - the boys look so cute on the donkeys. Love the four seasons scarecrows a cut above the usual straw and hessian types

Beertje Zonn said...

Lovely photos from your 2 boys!
Bear regards,

Beertje Zonn

PiecefulChaos said...

What fun! The boys are adorable - love the donkey pic and the one of the older boy with his arm around his younger brother!

Kim said...

What a lovely and fun day. I would totally love that conservatory building! Wonder if I could use one for a sewing room...hmm, will need a lottery ticket, too. BTW, love the new quilt in your blog header.

Fiona said...

Great scarecrows - hope they didn't give the boys nightmares!

dutchcomfort said...

Lovely pictures Karol-Ann! What a fun day out!

Yvonne Morgan said...

What a great day out. And for an amazing coincidence, this is the first time I've stpooed by your blog in agfes, and I find a post about the village my ancestors came from!!

Jacoline said...

What a great pictures. We just bought a lot of old windows to make a garden house. But it is almost winter where we are so I have to wait a bit.

Pinktulip said...

Wow! Some very creative scarecrows around there! I love visiting places like that. We often just go walk around local nurseries. It feels like you are out in the country. Your boys are so cute. It brings back memories of when mine were that small! Now they are head and shoulders taller than me with deep voices! They are still sweet though...