Tuesday, 4 May 2010

Double Delight Done

Last night I sewed the last few stitches on the binding of my Double Delight. No label as yet, but perhaps when that's on I'll take some better photos. These photos are not great. The first one shows how my life has changed, The garden gate is no longer a good spot for photos because the garden is full of kids stuff! A trampoline, trikes and a jungle-gym all obtruct my view! :-)


In the second photo, my quilt holder was too impatient, it was too windy and he is only 6'4" which was not tall enough to show the top of the quilt. After a few attempts, he quit before I could sack him!!!


Anyway, it's done. I love this quilt and Bonnie named it correctly - it is a delight and even more so now that I have it done!

6 comments:

Kim said...

Ah, the landscapes of our lives is ever changing. The background just adds to the story and places each quilt in time. This beautiful quilt certainly is memorable and I love the field of sheep as well as the old building.

Vicki W said...

It's beautiful! I like the palette you chose for yours. When I do mystery quilts I tend to wind up with a color mess.

Anonymous said...

It is gorgeous..regardless of where you photography it! You should be really proud..it is lovely!!!

Lynda said...

I have the same trouble with quilt-holders - nd the weather!

merrily row said...

Your all light double delight is a beauty! Congratulations!

Quilter Kathy said...

Great photos of a gorgeous quilt!