Sunday, 23 May 2010

Hearts and stars

Katie and I have met through blogging. I don't know her all that well, but when she had a little bundle of joy I just couldn't help making a little blue quilt using some orphan hearts from when I used to do the Blockbuddy Heart swap (these were made by Rochelle) and some blue star fabric. (I know Katie loves star fabric!)


I stitched in the ditch with Vicky's machine (which I am still gratefully borrowing - Thanks Vicky!!) And then I handquilted some stars in red thread on the plain squares...


I added my label and a Made in Great Britain label...


The quilt arrived this week along with 2 little bags I made for Katie's daughters and a coin purse that Katie 'bought' with fabric :-)

I 'borrowed' this photos off Katie's blog (hope you don't mind Katie!) because you just have to see how gorgeous her children are!!!

The littlest one with one of his big sisters on said quilt:


It has been lovely receiving from so many in the past, but I also enjoy being able to make something for others. Thank you for being part of my blogging world!

5 comments:

Fiona said...

Sweet little quilt - and I love the Made in Great Britain label.

Andrea said...

Aren't you a love ? Cute quilt for a gorgeous baby xx

Katie Z. said...

I love the label too! And I love that you borrowed a picture - yours are much clearer than mine, so it's great to see it! It's been fun getting to know you too, and I loved the package. (Thank you again!)

Lynda said...

How lovely to see a quilt with its gorgeous recipient!

Anonymous said...

Oh they are cuties...the kids and the quilt ;o) Bet it will be well loved and used.